Annual Giving/Alumni Engagement
Acquisition of new donors and renewal of current donors for annual gifts is accomplished through an active direct mail program. The primary goals are to build a broad base of donors to maximize financial support.
- Engage alumni, donors and other members of the community in philanthropic support of the Chapel & Center.
- Actively manage a prospect portfolio, identify and qualify new prospects. Initiate gift strategies, cultivate and solicit prospects through personal visits and written communication.
- The incumbent will work closely with colleagues to implement strategic approaches to increase the donor base and build a robust pipeline for major gift support for STM. The position requires significant collaboration with the Chaplain and Director of Communications.
Establishes and conducts consistent and meaningful contact and on-going stewardship activities with prospects and donors, and actively participates in alumni and donor engagement activities.
Develops and implements financial solicitation programs for major gifts to Saint Thomas More Chapel & Center at Yale.
- Develops cultivation and solicitation strategies for a portfolio of prospects and donors. Builds and manages network of relationships with prospective donors involving the Chaplain.
- Facilitates and coordinates all communication with these prospects and promotes positive relations with these prospects and donors.
- Evaluates various gift opportunities and giving vehicles and recommends the most suitable for a particular donor.
- Assists with the strategy for and creation of written communications from the Chaplain appropriate to a donor’s interests.
- Typically participates (often in concert with others) in gift solicitations.
This position is responsible for seeking out opportunities and developing and implementing initiatives to identify, cultivate and solicit prospects to ensure a strong base of ongoing financial support.
- Build and maintain relationships with a portfolio of assigned donors and prospects.
- In collaboration with the Director of Communications, provide input to planned gift marketing materials and strategies, including: developing key educational messages, identifying target audiences, and selecting donors to be featured.
- Further develop The Saint Thomas More Legacy Society (for planned gift donors).