- Promotes and shares vision and mission of Saint Thomas More (STM) Chapel and Center.
- Provides leadership for all aspects of day-to-day administration of STM and with the Chaplain inspires and encourages a spirit of cooperation and support among employees that a creative, high energy, pro-active and effective team requires.
- Works with Directors to supervise support staff and functions and set work flow priorities and standards that support and advance the mission and values of STM. Invites input from staff, is accessible and provides feedback in a timely and appropriate way.
- Oversees facility management, maintenance and security and serves as the chief steward for the long-term preservation of the Golden Center, Chapel and other STM properties.
- Directs hiring, training, evaluation and management of all non-pastoral staff and is responsible for continuously evaluating the overall organizational structure to ensure it is meeting the needs of STM.
- In consultation with the Chaplain, develops and maintains policies and procedures that provide for effective stewardship of all assets, encourage harmony and team work among all staff and support, and advance the mission of STM.
- Participates in and supports pastoral programming and strategic planning, including reviewing mission and vision, setting goals and objectives and monitoring and assessing performance.
- Works closely with the Chaplain, Development Director and Board of Trustees to support and facilitate solicitation efforts to meet income goals. Helps to strengthen network of STM alumni and donors.
- Oversees activities of the STM Financial Manager, including but not limited to:
- Annual operating and capital budgets
- Financial analysis and reports as needed/requested by the Chaplain,
Treasurer and/or President.
- Preparation and analysis of monthly vs. budgeted financial statements
- Review of payroll, accounts payable, cash management
- Annual audit
- Cash flow projections for operations and major capital projects
- Maintains and shares knowledge of applicable local, state and federal regulations and Catholic Church guidelines/directives that apply to STM with Chaplain and Board, and, as needed, develops and implements policies and procedures to comply with same.
- Performs other duties as directed by the Chaplain or President.
Education and Experience:
Masters degree in management, finance, accounting or other organizational discipline, required. A minimum of five (5) years experience in management, preferably in a not-for-profit organization. Fundraising experience and work with non-profit boards also preferred.
Skills and Abilities:
- Strong commitment to the mission and values of STM.
- Excellent interpersonal skills required to relate to Board, Chaplain, donors, colleagues, volunteers, university administrators, and community and church leaders.
- Strong self-starter. Creative and energetic and able to work with considerable independence within the context of a team environment and a network of relationships.
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks and deadlines, set priorities and work independently.
- Demonstrated ability to work well with others on deadlines and under pressure.
- Knowledge of general management principles and experience with budgeting, financial analysis and estimation, and investment management.
- High degree of computer literacy with thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office PC based spreadsheets, word processing and presentation applications, social media and e-mail.
- Knowledge of and experience with not-for-profit accounting and human resources principles and theories.
- Well-developed organizational, oral and written communication, presentation and supervisory skills.
- Practicing Roman Catholic with strong working knowledge of the Catholic faith.